Creativity is the name of the game here in Galmi. Samuel has found that just being Samuel can be rather "boring". So, with the help of friends, and lots of imagination (well... at least some inspiration from videos) we are often having quite surreal conversations with our son. In the red mask, he is known as "The Blonde Flash". He wanted a more elaborate costume, but was fairly certain that he didn't want a cape--'accidents happen with capes' (see The Incredibles). The latest version of Samuel's identity is "Knight Samuel". He has various forms of paper sheilds and accessories that have gone along with the persona from time to time. He commented that he could attend a meeting with me, and wear his helmet and 'no one will know who I am!' Of course, this coupled with his Michigan State T-shirt made both Alan and I burst into laughter. Of course, I told him that probably the T-shirt would give him away. If you look closely he somewhat resembles Shrek with the helmet on--it's inspiration I think--but I had difficulty convincing him that it would be difficult to add a vented visor to go over his eyes, as the mask was just a paper version of what Shrek wore...I look forward to the next persona to emerge.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The many faces (and identities) of Samuel
Creativity is the name of the game here in Galmi. Samuel has found that just being Samuel can be rather "boring". So, with the help of friends, and lots of imagination (well... at least some inspiration from videos) we are often having quite surreal conversations with our son. In the red mask, he is known as "The Blonde Flash". He wanted a more elaborate costume, but was fairly certain that he didn't want a cape--'accidents happen with capes' (see The Incredibles). The latest version of Samuel's identity is "Knight Samuel". He has various forms of paper sheilds and accessories that have gone along with the persona from time to time. He commented that he could attend a meeting with me, and wear his helmet and 'no one will know who I am!' Of course, this coupled with his Michigan State T-shirt made both Alan and I burst into laughter. Of course, I told him that probably the T-shirt would give him away. If you look closely he somewhat resembles Shrek with the helmet on--it's inspiration I think--but I had difficulty convincing him that it would be difficult to add a vented visor to go over his eyes, as the mask was just a paper version of what Shrek wore...I look forward to the next persona to emerge.
1 comment:
A valiant display of the MSU T-shirt! Glad he keeps you laughing.
Post a Comment