As if it isn't obvious, we are expecting the arrival of a third child during the month of June. We will be going back to Michigan for the birth of the baby, as some of the testing that needs to be done for the baby is unavailable here in Niger. I need to fly before I'm in my "ninth month" according to the airlines. I leave with a few days to spare. I will be taking Samuel and Rachel with me on May 8 and heading back to a much cooler Michigan. Alan will remain here in Niger to do some more intensive Tamajeq language learning for an extra 3.5 weeks. He will fly out on the 31st. The flights leave about 10 minutes before midnight--not a very agreeable time, but there is only one stop over in Paris, which makes up for it! We will be staying with my parents until after the baby is born, and then returning to Niger when the baby is about 6 weeks old--provided we can get all of the paperwork/passports/visa, etc. for the baby in a timely manner. There is only 3 weeks left here in Niger before the kids and I fly out, and the time is passing very quickly. My replacement, Lois Freeman, arrives at the end of April to take over the guesthouse responsibilities for the next 2 years. Lois has done this before in Galmi, which should make for a smooth transition.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Baby Waters
As if it isn't obvious, we are expecting the arrival of a third child during the month of June. We will be going back to Michigan for the birth of the baby, as some of the testing that needs to be done for the baby is unavailable here in Niger. I need to fly before I'm in my "ninth month" according to the airlines. I leave with a few days to spare. I will be taking Samuel and Rachel with me on May 8 and heading back to a much cooler Michigan. Alan will remain here in Niger to do some more intensive Tamajeq language learning for an extra 3.5 weeks. He will fly out on the 31st. The flights leave about 10 minutes before midnight--not a very agreeable time, but there is only one stop over in Paris, which makes up for it! We will be staying with my parents until after the baby is born, and then returning to Niger when the baby is about 6 weeks old--provided we can get all of the paperwork/passports/visa, etc. for the baby in a timely manner. There is only 3 weeks left here in Niger before the kids and I fly out, and the time is passing very quickly. My replacement, Lois Freeman, arrives at the end of April to take over the guesthouse responsibilities for the next 2 years. Lois has done this before in Galmi, which should make for a smooth transition.
2 comments:
I can't wait to see you, Deb! Take care of you and that baby!
Erin
Wow, I didn't realize you were pregnant! #3! Congratulations. Sending you prayers for safe travel and safe delivery. --Amy Collard
Post a Comment