Today, May 5 marks another milestone for Samuel. He officially went to school for the first time. "Aunt" Cindy invited Samuel for the day, so he could get a bit of a glimpse of what is to come in the fall when he starts at the Galmi Day School. He was up bright and early, wanting breakfast, and trying to hurry us along at 6:30am. At 5 minutes to 8:00, Samuel and I (Deb) walked the short distance to the Galmi Day School. The Lau children were already there, and they were painting on the sidewalk. Samuel ran off to join them without a backwards glance. (Though I managed to get him to look up from his painting and wave for me!) He had a very good morning, and I imagine will be anxious to get started with school when we return to Galmi at the beginning of August. Rachel and I enjoyed a quiet morning together, preparing for our trip to Michigan in just a few short days. This will probably be our last posting from Galmi until we return in August. But do look for the news of the latest addition to our family sometime around mid June. We'll see some of you soon!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Trial Run!
Today, May 5 marks another milestone for Samuel. He officially went to school for the first time. "Aunt" Cindy invited Samuel for the day, so he could get a bit of a glimpse of what is to come in the fall when he starts at the Galmi Day School. He was up bright and early, wanting breakfast, and trying to hurry us along at 6:30am. At 5 minutes to 8:00, Samuel and I (Deb) walked the short distance to the Galmi Day School. The Lau children were already there, and they were painting on the sidewalk. Samuel ran off to join them without a backwards glance. (Though I managed to get him to look up from his painting and wave for me!) He had a very good morning, and I imagine will be anxious to get started with school when we return to Galmi at the beginning of August. Rachel and I enjoyed a quiet morning together, preparing for our trip to Michigan in just a few short days. This will probably be our last posting from Galmi until we return in August. But do look for the news of the latest addition to our family sometime around mid June. We'll see some of you soon!
1 comment:
so hard to let the first one go! i was thankful that heidi went as gleefully, it made seeing them off so much easier. can't wait to see you niamey way tomorrow afternoon! :)
Post a Comment