Well, this is not the usual wake up call that I get, it just happened to be something that brought me more sharply awake from the usual sleepy wanderings to start a load of laundry. I think I was checking to see if I needed to do a load of diapers (the bucket is next to the tub) when I heard some scuffling nearby. I pulled aside the shower curtain and found a "mijin kanama" (husband of the scorpion). It is actually a spider, but they can grow to very large proportions. This one was a "baby" compared to some of the others I've seen. One twice the size was captured on our back porch the next day. We (OK...Alan)did a humane catch and release. We had forgotten that our next door neighbor collects them for her father who is a entomologist. The larger brother was sent next door for preserving, and packaging, for later transportation. Wonder where the next visitor will be found....?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Goooood MORNING!!!
Well, this is not the usual wake up call that I get, it just happened to be something that brought me more sharply awake from the usual sleepy wanderings to start a load of laundry. I think I was checking to see if I needed to do a load of diapers (the bucket is next to the tub) when I heard some scuffling nearby. I pulled aside the shower curtain and found a "mijin kanama" (husband of the scorpion). It is actually a spider, but they can grow to very large proportions. This one was a "baby" compared to some of the others I've seen. One twice the size was captured on our back porch the next day. We (OK...Alan)did a humane catch and release. We had forgotten that our next door neighbor collects them for her father who is a entomologist. The larger brother was sent next door for preserving, and packaging, for later transportation. Wonder where the next visitor will be found....?
1 comment:
Post a Comment