This was the biggest hail we've ever seen! It was not quite golf ball size, but it was close! The most amazing part was how quickly the hail started to melt in the heat. I explained to some of the other missionaries that in Grand Rapids, out near my parents house, there are lots of orchards, and when strong storms come through the hail machines start to go off with a rhythmic booming to break up any potential hail, and minimize the damage to the orchards in the area. I don't believe any real damage was done to the crops here, as the hail didn't last long, and it was a bit sporadic. It was amazing just to see hail that size here in Niger!!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Hail?? In Niger???
This was the biggest hail we've ever seen! It was not quite golf ball size, but it was close! The most amazing part was how quickly the hail started to melt in the heat. I explained to some of the other missionaries that in Grand Rapids, out near my parents house, there are lots of orchards, and when strong storms come through the hail machines start to go off with a rhythmic booming to break up any potential hail, and minimize the damage to the orchards in the area. I don't believe any real damage was done to the crops here, as the hail didn't last long, and it was a bit sporadic. It was amazing just to see hail that size here in Niger!!
No comments:
Post a Comment