Alan was a huge help, removing the affected items to be cleaned/discarded/salvaged, and put them various piles for my perusal. Spraying, sweeping up termite dirt, and unglueing the drawers from the dresser. (One took between 10-15 minutes to free from the dresser.) He then removed them to the back porch, scraped them off, swept them out, and dusted the lot down with "RAMBO" (sounds impressive doesn't it??) insecticide powder. He had the harder, dirtier job. I just had to rinse out the termite dirt from the clothes, sheets, toiletries, etc. and then launder the clothing items. Not everything has made it back to it's proper place yet, but it's on my to do list for the week...
In the pictures you can see where they came up (minus the dirt) behind the dresser unit, and the eating that they have done to the dresser drawers. Most of the "dirt" was knocked off before I thought to take pictures, but I think you get the idea. This was one of those moments when I can honestly say, I NEVER would have to deal with this in Michigan. Thankfully, only one bit of clothing was really destroyed, and the sheets were the "oldest" pair we had...and were only nibbled a bit. What makes living in Niger difficult??? The unexpected.
1 comment:
Yikes! No termites here, however, once a few cool days hit and we finally shut the fans off, we were able to hear a bees nest in the bedroom wall! The exterminator said there were likely 5,000+ and we were lucky they hadn't made it through the drywall. Hope your clean up efforts are done. Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated. God Bless!
Post a Comment