

Here we are, with tickets in hand!
I (Deb) headed off this month to Niamey (via Niger bus line) for a women's conference! It was a wonderful time of fellowship and fun. We were blessed to have one of the sisters of a fellow missionary to minister to us, and speak God's truth into our lives. It was such a blessing. Alan fared well at home with the children. (This was the first time I had been away from Rachel overnight, and first time for more than 24 hours from Samuel!) It was quite an adventure. It was my first experience in Niger on the bus. I went with good friends which made the journey fun. The ride in to Niamey was an uneventful 8 hours, but the return trip was about 15. Though long, the bus chose to break down at a convenient location (bathrooms available--with door) where there was also adequate shade. The replacement bus was air conditioned which made the ongoing journey much more tolerable than it might have been. In the end, it was good to be home, and the kids hardly seemed to have missed me!
No comments:
Post a Comment