Well, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes a word picture is adept at conveying the message. I'll try both. The photo you see is a picture of some child sun screen shades for our vehicle that we brought with us from the US. They have heat indicators, to tell you when the car is too warm for the children. Well, this picture was taken inside our house, under a ceiling fan moving at high speed. As you can see, the "hot" indicator is already lit up...and it's not realy even that hot under the ceiling fan!!! Now for the word picture. Yesterday, 20th of April, was a Sunday. We hold Sunday evening services in the "CC" which has a large open room, and a wonderful air cooler (evaporative cooling system). Just as we were arriving for the 5:30 service, the power went off. The service went on, with the temperature rising steadily. Now you may or may not have ever experienced sitting still and sweating, but I am someone who rarely sweats(Deb)and I could feel trickles of sweat running down my legs, and I was desperately wishing that I had put my hair back up after my shower...it was beginning to act like a thermal blanket around my neck and shoulders. As I glanced over at Alan, I could see 5-6 different beads of sweat coursing down his face and neck--and that was just the side that I could see. We won't even talk about the side of us that we were sitting on....We were blessed that night with a message on hope--and believe me everyone was hoping that the power would come back on!! It did, just as the service was ending... We are thankful that the power cuts usually aren't longer than an hour or two, and most of the time shorter, even though they are usually a daily occurence.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
How hot is it???
Well, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes a word picture is adept at conveying the message. I'll try both. The photo you see is a picture of some child sun screen shades for our vehicle that we brought with us from the US. They have heat indicators, to tell you when the car is too warm for the children. Well, this picture was taken inside our house, under a ceiling fan moving at high speed. As you can see, the "hot" indicator is already lit up...and it's not realy even that hot under the ceiling fan!!! Now for the word picture. Yesterday, 20th of April, was a Sunday. We hold Sunday evening services in the "CC" which has a large open room, and a wonderful air cooler (evaporative cooling system). Just as we were arriving for the 5:30 service, the power went off. The service went on, with the temperature rising steadily. Now you may or may not have ever experienced sitting still and sweating, but I am someone who rarely sweats(Deb)and I could feel trickles of sweat running down my legs, and I was desperately wishing that I had put my hair back up after my shower...it was beginning to act like a thermal blanket around my neck and shoulders. As I glanced over at Alan, I could see 5-6 different beads of sweat coursing down his face and neck--and that was just the side that I could see. We won't even talk about the side of us that we were sitting on....We were blessed that night with a message on hope--and believe me everyone was hoping that the power would come back on!! It did, just as the service was ending... We are thankful that the power cuts usually aren't longer than an hour or two, and most of the time shorter, even though they are usually a daily occurence.
No comments:
Post a Comment