Life is full of funny moments, and children say the funniest things. Rachel is talking quite a bit these days. More than the average not-yet-two-year old. She comes up with some very funny things, as well as getting herself into too much trouble with her mouth for the average two-year-old. This week, she was dancing around the back porch in her dress during morning devotions. She stood up straight and tall and declared, "I'm princess!!" about 3 times. She obviously has a good self esteem, and yet 30 minutes later showed me a glimpse of future years. I had not let her go outside, as I didn't have time to keep an eye on her, and was about to start school with Samuel. She was mad, and glared at me in a similar way to the picture above (closest I could find at least) and declared, "you not my friend!" Now I wasn't sure I heard her right, but she repeated it several times--making it quite clear. I managed not to laugh, but let her know instead that I didn't have to be her friend, I was her mother. She has since gotten over it...but those teenage years...they frighten me!!!!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Kids say the funniest things!
Life is full of funny moments, and children say the funniest things. Rachel is talking quite a bit these days. More than the average not-yet-two-year old. She comes up with some very funny things, as well as getting herself into too much trouble with her mouth for the average two-year-old. This week, she was dancing around the back porch in her dress during morning devotions. She stood up straight and tall and declared, "I'm princess!!" about 3 times. She obviously has a good self esteem, and yet 30 minutes later showed me a glimpse of future years. I had not let her go outside, as I didn't have time to keep an eye on her, and was about to start school with Samuel. She was mad, and glared at me in a similar way to the picture above (closest I could find at least) and declared, "you not my friend!" Now I wasn't sure I heard her right, but she repeated it several times--making it quite clear. I managed not to laugh, but let her know instead that I didn't have to be her friend, I was her mother. She has since gotten over it...but those teenage years...they frighten me!!!!
1 comment:
Deb, this picture of Rachel makes me laugh out loud. I think I'll make it my screen saver. :-)
PS - Don't believe the hype about the "teenage years" - we've had seven teenagers and we're still smiling!
Post a Comment